Re: DEP1: Clarifying policies and workflows for Non Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

Le Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:42:22AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> Let 1.0-1 be the version in the archive, 1.0-2 the version being
> worked on in the VCS repository.
>
> An NMUer is very likely to base his NMU on 1.0-1, because he will try to
> do only the relevant changes to fix the bug he is interested in. In that
> case, the only logical choice is to use 1.0-1 as the basis for the diff.
> And it's actually more useful for the maintainer, don't you think so?

It depends on how important are the VCS and package histories for the
maintainer and Debian. In order to acknowledge the NMU, it would be
necessary to revert the current work, apply the NMU patch, merge the
reverted work and resolve the conflicts. This is why the last time one
of my package had a NMU, I just ignored it instead of acknowledging it
(the upload I made would have closed the bug as well).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org