Re: Debian Lover from Thailand

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 07:58:47AM +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 10:35:19PM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> > Agreed. From my understanding, the reason the FSF/GNU does not
> > recommend Debian because doing so would be seen as an implicit
> > endorsement of the non-free software which is an understandable
> > position to take.
>
> IIRC, the FSF has been not recommending Debian since much before the
> GFDL debacle.

The disagreements over the non-free section and references to non-free
software in general extend back at least to Bruce Perens' tenure as DPL
[1] and possibly before, although for some time after that I believe
that Richard recommended Debian anyway as being the closest thing
available to what he wanted.

[1] This is merely a convenient method of dating because I can't
    remember the year, not an imputation of blame ...