Re: State of the project - input needed

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 09:40:47AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> - what are some pending decisions that have to be made?

Not sure about a decision, but the pending addition of GNU/KFreeBSD to
the archive sounds worthwhile to me (though I don't know the current
state, but I was under the impression that this was targetted for Lenny)

> - what are the major changes in the project and our product(s) since
>   the etch release?

I feel the release team tools are getting improved more and more, making
library transitions (and testing transitions in general) smoother, and
thus testing more and more usable.  Though I guess the release team is
in a better position to comment on this.

The new dpkg symbol handling will further dramatically improve testing
mitgrations once the big libraries are using it.

Also, the testing security team seems to be doing a great job, further
increasing testing's usability for our users.

So in summary, testing appears to be much improved for lenny compared to
etch.

Michael