State of the project - input needed

Dear folks,

I was asked this morning to jump in for someone else and give
a presentation on the state of the project at the upcoming LCA.
I always enjoy to talk about Debian, so I accepted, but I leave
tomorrow and so this is a bit of a short notice.

I am thus hoping that you can help me a bit to compile a list of
current topics in Debian, so quick responses are especially
appreciated.

In addition to the Lenny release goals,

- where are we currently spending most of our time?

- what are current unsolved challenges?

- what are some pending decisions that have to be made?

- what are the major changes in the project and our product(s) since
  the etch release?

- what else would you deem relevant to a "state of the project"
  summary?

I appreciate your time and will make sure not to take credit for
your help, that is, to properly mention everyone who contributed.

Cheers,

i stopped fighting my inner demons.. we're all on the same side now.