Re: RFC: Introducing Debian Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 12:15:33PM +0100, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> > > For example, the machine-parsable copyright thing
> > > seems (to me) to be pretty much accepted as a Good Thing, but it's
> > > unclear when it would be a good idea to start suggesting or even
> > > mandating it in policy.
> > Well, that's an issue with how -policy is working,
> No, it isn't.  Changes in policy shouldn't be made unless there is
> consensus that it's a good idea.

Yes, and you get that consensus by proposing a change and addressing
any problems people raise with it. You propose the change by filing a
bug report against the debian-policy package.

> > That's mostly because people tend not to look through old bugs. They're
> > certainly searchable, eg:
> I know, but it doesn't look nice.

So this all sounds like changing things for the sake of changing
things, rather than actually solving any problems to me. Count me as
not interested.

Cheers,
aj