Re: linhdd concerns (was: Re: Updated Debian Maintainers Keyring)

On Nov 26, 2007 8:57 PM, Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> In this case it's inaction, and it'd be better if you'd acknowledge the
> problem and do what you can to avoid it in future. From the above, it
> seems like when sponsoring packages you're not always:
>
>     - testing to see if they work
>     - reviewing the changelog with an eye for problems
>     - running debdiff to see if anything looks odd
>     - agreeing to sponsor packages only when you've got time to review them

aj,

As I already explained, Kartik sent me loads of packages to check for
and almost all the time after afew initial mistakes, he did a good
job, so perhaps I missed looking into this package more closely.

As people have already explained, this is not the first mistake people
have commited. And at the same time, I agree that it was a grave
mistake on my part and I publicly apologize for this mistake. If you
care to rectify this by removing my account, by all means do so.

Ramakrishnan