Re: Updated Debian Maintainers Keyring

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 12:20:39PM +0100, Torsten Werner wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Did someone prepare and coordinate a NMU?
>
>Why don't we handle such problems in a more friendly way?

In this particular case, the problem is much worse than just a single
bug in a package - it's a total failure in the sponsorship
system. Sponsored packages should be amongst the best packages in the
archive due to both the sponsoree and sponsorer checking for
issues. That clearly didn't happen here. As Kartik is/was a DM, these
issues are relevant and need to be made public. It's nothing personal
- if the two of them learn from their mistakes I'd happily support
them continuing with Debian work. However, until that point there is a
major trust problem here.

There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, A state of bliss