Re: linhdd concerns (was: Re: Updated Debian Maintainers Keyring)

[I did not recieve the original email addressed to me by aj, so I am
literally "reading between the lines" to digest the original message]

"Kartik Mistry" <kartik.mistry@gmail.com> writes:

>> Ramakrishnan, how did your sponsorship checking miss both this error
>> and the RC bug (442093) the previous upload introduced by the i386
>> binary's absence?

I have tried to catch and feed the lintian and linda errors back to
Kartik all the time. I really don't know how I missed it. If I
remember right, I did an upload of this package only once.

As a matter of fact, I was a bit overwhelmed by the number of requests
for package uploads from Kartik, so it may have so happened that I did
it by in haste and missed this error. I apologize for the error.

For the last few sponsored uploads of Kartik, I have only uploaded
festival and associated packages, not linhdd.

>> > Wow, the linhdd package is *special*. Based on initial analysis of
>> > this package, please remove:
>> >  * the DM (Kartik Mistry) from the keyring (he clearly needs to learn
>> >    more before he should be allowed to upload directly)
>> >  * the upload rights of the sponsor (Ramakrishnan M
>> >    <rkrishnan@debian.org>) who uploaded this to incoming without any
>> >    suitable level of checking. This is a *much* more important problem
>> >    IMHO.

Please go ahead with my upload rights removal and also removal from
debian keyring, if you judje people by just one of their actions.

Thanks
--
    Ramakrishnan