Re: Making Debian work: a question of trust indeed

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 11:03:32AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Marc Haber wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 01:39:39AM +0100, Sam Hocevar wrote:
> > >    I also learned tonight that a few of the things I was complaining
> > > about were being worked on (though I was not aware of it),
> >
> > The fact that the DPL does not know about important things going on
> > with Debian is a strong indicator that there is something wrong with
> > the communication behavior of people in key positions.
>
> The DPL does not need to know every bit of current work of every team or developer.

Leave it to Joey to go off on a completely pointless tangent in a oneliner
that is intended to sound oh so knowing... I've been seeing these
pretentious quips for many years now, and guess what - they're still not
insightful, except in the way that they continue to provide an insight
into how the project is generally stuck with the likes of yourself.

It's actually quite indicative that you thought it was a good idea to reply
here - James at least has the simple decency to keep quiet when he doesn't
have time to do all the things he's in charge of (even if that silence is
often annoying as well), but he at least recognizes the problems, and he
set up the RT as a way of dealing with them. You, on the other hand,
actually refuse to use that RT, as I'm told. Yet you don't seem to mind
participating, however feebly, in mailing list discussions like this one.

That is really contemptible.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.