Re: Is debian profiting from forced child labour?

Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 03:54:40PM +0000, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > Be it using our distribution on systems used for military crap, used
> > to run servers hosting some illegal activities, etc.
>
>   This is a blatant violation of DFSG§5.
>
>   Oops, did I inadvertently stepped on a troll's tail ?

Please leave the name-calling outside.  My question was serious: do
we know who is making the products we endorse as officially debian, do
we know whether any are forced to make them and is the project OK with
the current status?

Also I assume Joerg Jaspert's reply is serious, even if I think it's
mistaken - if someone produced a CD of our distribution that did
globally-illegal activities by default and sold it labelled as
"official debian", I hope the project would act against them.  The
restrictions on what distributions can be labelled as official debian
are fairly tight: see http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#whatlabel

Regards,
--
MJR/slef