Re: Is debian profiting from forced child labour?

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:
> On 11193 March 1977, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Should we revoke any revocable trademark licenses of anyone not
> > meeting this standard?
>
> Should we modify our rules for Debian so that noone is allowed to do
> $whatever-doesnt-fit-world-view-of-someone? [...]

That's a nice straw man.  Shame it seems to block the view of some.

We *already* use the trademark licences to discriminate against some
$whatever-doesnt-fit-world-view-of-someone - review the DCC or debian
labs threads for some examples.  Why not use the trademark to assure
that debian-label clothing meets basic ethical trading standards?

If some want to go fully one way or the other and either close the
debian trademark down completely, or open the trademark to completely
non-discriminatory use, then I respect those views, but that doesn't
seem to have been suggested.

Hope that explains,