Re: Bits from the DPL: DSA and a few other things

On Saturday 03 November 2007, Sam Hocevar wrote:
> \o/ DSA++ \o/
> -------------
>    I am very, very pleased to let you know that this morning Phil
> Hands (fil) added Peter Palfrader (weasel) to the adm group. Which
> means that the DSA team now has a new member! The first since, wow,
> quite some time.

This is of course very, very nice and my congratulations to Peter.
However, you must excuse me for not sharing your enthusiasm, at least not to
the extend you seem to be feeling it.

>    I am grateful to everyone who made this possible, for bearing with
> my insistance, for making concessions, for being patient, and I hope
> this is only the first step to bigger and better teams in Debian. Of
> course the path is still long but I must admit this is truly refreshing.
> I wish great success to Peter for the thankless job that awaits him.

Could you please explain in what way the addition of a single person to the
existing team (Phil already was DSA, even if not yet in the adm group) is
going to resolve all the huge and structural communication problems between
team members that we have heard about?

Are there any other changes that have been agreed to by existing members to
address those issues, or will we now just have a larger team with
structural communication problems?

Your announcement is nice, and I'm sure it took a lot of hard work to get
this far, but I have serious doubts that it is enough. Some elaboration on
the way forward, including a word on that other team that is always the
subject of controversy and complaints, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Frans Pop