Re: Debian Maintainers

[DM becoming a reality without notifying the project]
> I've been more low-key (and hesitant) about implementing this than
> I would've liked to have been in order to try to avoid offending the
> people who're worried about this, but I should probably have expected
> those to find fault with this no matter what happens anyway.

Yeah, because promising to tell people about what you do and then not
doing that is really not a "fault". We should all applaud you for this
great display of your willingness to avoid offending people.

> For amusement's sake, correlating GR votes with respondents in this
> thread up until now:
[...]
>         V: 21                he Marc Brockschmidt
[...]

OMFG! I was concerned that the proposal would end up like most of your
projects, now it did and you can still be amused that I'm not happy
about the outcome?

Dude, please start getting actual arguments. You haven't answered to
Joerg's initial questions, which basically are an elaborate form of "Why
the fuck do you care to create rules if you break them as soon as
possible?" - I really wonder about the answer!

Could it be that you simply don't care about the opinion of other
developers and have just added these safeguards in the GR to calm the
worries of the people who you needed to support a constitutional
resolution to work around the DAM's and the rest of the ftp-master
team's resistance?

Marc
--
BOFH #135: