Re: A bit of history
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> I guess that depends on what you consider "joined". You might also
> consider your first posting to a Debian mailing list. Or possible, your
> first contribution (e.g., bug submission or patch submission).
I would define it like this:
1. Started using - the moment one installed his/her first Debian system.
2. Joined community - first post to the mailing list; most probably
asking for advice or providing advice to somebody else.
3. Got involved - submitted first bug report, or provided additional
information for existing bug report, submitted a patch.
3. Became a contributor/maintainer - packaged software, joined a team,
signed up as NM.
4. Officially joined - passed NM.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----