Re: Change of the debian code-name base?

On 5/26/07, Linas Žvirblis <0x0007@gmail.com> wrote:
I reread your message a couple of times, but I fail to see your
motivation behind this proposal. Except for your personal preference,
what problems do you see with current naming scheme?

The current scheme is non-offensive, simple (one word), and somewhat
meaningful (for example Sid is the kid that breaks toys). If you do not
like the names, you can use Stable, Testing, Unstable, or version
numbers. For example "Stable 4.0" == "Etch".

You're right: the name is not offensive and short, but it just has a
childish "taste" which IMHO just doesn't fit to the grown-up Debian
OS.

When I think about it again, my suggestion to use The Simpsons
characters isn't better at all - it just has a different color.

I sure can live with the Toy Story names, but for me the naming has
room for improvements. Think about press releases etc.

Regards,
Torsten