Re: Please appoint one new person to the DSA Team

Aurelien Jarno wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is known among debian developers that the Debian System
> Administration Team (aka DSA or debian-admin@lists.debian.org) is not
> really responsive.
>
> Here are a few examples:
>  - The machine "escher.debian.org" is locked down [1] for more than 6
>    months, I didn't even get a simple answer to the few mails I sent
>    about that. Note that according to the Etch release architecture
>    criteria [2] this theoretically make alpha a non-releasable
>    architecture for Etch.
>  - Bill Gatliff kindly offered a fast ARM machine [3] to act as an ARM
>    build daemon. He told he hasn't receive a single answer [4].
>
> Given those examples it is clear that the Debian System Administration
> Team does not have the time to process all requests.
>
> According to the Constitution [5], you, as the Debian Project Leader,
> have the power to appoint delegates. I therefore ask you to appoint one
> or more new person to the Debian System Administration Team.

Seconded, although I doubt that the current DPL will in fact do anything
about this.

DSA has apparently been unable to consistently accept gifts of hardware or
offers of volunteer work for as long as I can remember.  It is mostly
non-responsive.  It is broken and everyone routes around it to the maximum
extent possible.  :-(  Luckily it can usually be routed around, unlike some
of the other broken parts of Debian.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Bush admitted to violating FISA and said he was proud of it.
So why isn't he in prison yet?...