Re: Position Statement to the Dunc-Tanc "experiment"

Drew Parsons writes ("Re: Position Statement to the Dunc-Tanc "experiment""):
> The first group, the minority, believes that any use of money to
> increase the time developers spend on Debian is always intrinsically a
> bad idea.

This an oft-repeated straw-man characterisation of dunc-tank's
opponents.  It's completely unsupportable; if you read Joerg's
statement, it explains what the signatories feel is different about
dunc-tank.  Would everybody please stop repeating the straw man.

(My name isn't at the bottom of the position statement, even though I
agree with it, because I was too slow to respond and also because I
wasn't convinced that prolonging the discussion was the right thing to
do given that the nay-sayers seem to have been comprehensively
outvoted.  However, I cannot let this persistent mischaracterisation
of our views go unchallenged.)

Ian.