Re: Using money to fund real Debian work

Jérôme Marant wrote:
> > > It's not Dunc Tank's fault if your jealous.
> >
> > Hmm, maybe it is because the developer is jealous on/of somebody
> > being directly or indirectly paid by the project while they are
> > not?
>
> My personal belief is that being jealous is wrong.

Many people consider feelings/attitude of other people wrong.  That
doesn't remove their feelings, though.

> If you, Martin Schulze, were given financial compensation to work full
> time on key Debian taks, and you'd enjoy it, I'd be very happy for
> you.

I would probably reject this.  Depending on the source I would reject
it at least.

> And you know what? I'm convinced you'd continue to do a great work within
> the project. Of course, I don't know you. But I believe it. And I believe
> it would be a benefit for the project and for our users. It is all that matters.

I don't think this would be a benefit in the long-term as long as
others with similar work won't be given the same chance.  Until then,
it's unfair and belittles their work.

Thanks for your confidence by the way.

Regards,

	Joey