Re: Using money to fund real Debian work

Jérôme Marant wrote:

> > > You never loose your motivation because some developers get paid
> > > to work on Debian tasks, unless you're jealous.
> >
> > So?
>
> It's not Dunc Tank's fault if your jealous.

Hmm, maybe it is because the developer is jealous on/of somebody
being directly or indirectly paid by the project while they are
not?

> > > I personaly have no real idea whether Dunc Tank is a good thing or
> > > a bad one, but seeing that a group of people is trying to improve
> > > Debian in some respect increases my motivation.
> >
> > Right, before Dunc-Tank was started nobody tried to improve Debian.
>
> The time between two Debian releases has always increased. So, yes,
> nobody has ever improved that. Objectively, it looks to me that
> that Dunc Tank wants to improve this, which would be great for
> our users. Let's put our selfishness aside for once?

Maybe you should've started to get Debian only release on i386 and amd64
and not accept any complex dependencies of packages?

I believe that that would've hurt Debian as well.

Regards,

	Joey

not tried it.  -- Donald E. Knuth