Re: Using money to fund real Debian work

Le lundi 09 octobre 2006 18:54, Martin Schulze a écrit :

> hard on getting Debian better be funded similarily?  I know that
> several people have lost their motivation to work on Debian as before
> (yes, others will hate me for writing this again) because of this.
> Some developers ask themselves already why they should work on some
> tasks, when others are to be paid for their Debian work, and they have
> other obligations as well.

You never loose your motivation because some developers get paid
to work on Debian tasks, unless you're jealous.

I personaly have no real idea whether Dunc Tank is a good thing or
a bad one, but seeing that a group of people is trying to improve
Debian in some respect increases my motivation.

I see no evil in giving people financial compensations for working
full time on some key Debian tasks. If such people give the project
their best with faith and dedication and enjoy it, I am very very
happy for both them and the project.

--
Jérôme Marant