Re: Please accept packages to proposed-updates

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 07:19:41AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> (updates handled by the SRM team)
>
> > Not checked too.
> > We have a nice backlog. We go as fast as possible, but are currently
> > slowed down because some stuff depends on ftp-master will.
>

> Is there some reason for not having at least one SRM team member in
> the ftpmaster team?

I find that a very very good idea. This will help in lessening
ftpmaster's work load, and will thus not only speed up the stable
point releases, but also other things that fall into ftpmaster's
domain since the work load of supporting the stable release team is
not any more necessary.

> Delegating a part of the ftpmaster power to the SRM team and also
> probably the security team seems to be seomthing that could at least
> temporarily solve such a problem.....waiting for possibly "cleaner"
> solutions for the long term.

Amen.

Greetings
Marc