Re: Why Ubuntu is different, was: Minutes of an Ubuntu-Debian discussion that happened at Debconf

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 10:37:57PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> > to, 2006-06-29 kello 11:38 -0700, Ottavio Caruso kirjoitti:
> > > Now, as I said, some have warmed up to Ubuntu because
> > > they get a salary from Canonical. That's perfectly
> > > legitimate, I envy them, I struggle to get a job! I
> > > just don't like when they send me insults privately.
> >
> > Are you saying that Canonical employees send you insults in private
> > e-mail? I have a hard time to believe that, if you do. If they really
> > have, then publishing the insults would be appropriate.
>
> FWIW, I mailed him privately saying by advance that this part of the tread
> would deviate, thanks to his unconstructive mail (probably written in 1 minute,
> completely irrelevant wrt the topic of the minutes, etc.).

On the other hand, your private replies of this kind, are often patronizing
and i can see how they could be interpreted as borderline insulting.

Maybe you should be a bit more comprehensive of the position of the poster
when you do so next time.

Friendly,

Sven Luther