Re: Why Ubuntu is different, was: Minutes of an Ubuntu-Debian discussion that happened at Debconf

--- Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
wrote:
>  Ubuntu is hardly different from other
> derivatives in this
> respect.

The problem, in my view is not Ubuntu, but Canonical
and the way people perceive it.

Now, as I said, some have warmed up to Ubuntu because
they get a salary from Canonical. That's perfectly
legitimate, I envy them, I struggle to get a job! I
just don't like when they send me insults privately.

A larger number of people, who don't get a salary from
Canonical, think of canonical same as the FreeBsd
people think of Apple: a profitable commercial company
that gives free software a foot in the enterprise
door.
These ones are genuine in their approach, but they
make a terrible mistake: rubbishing Debian.

Ottavio Caruso
--

No individual replies, please!