Fundamental flaw in bug reporting system

I would understand a steep learning curve but this is a catch 22 overhang.

I am a complete newbie. The install went great and I have my command line. Then I spend hours trying to find info on loading a GUI and the closest I get is GNOME support telling me to "Click on the session icon" but all I have is a command line. I decide that this could be a documentation bug or feature request and I try to submit a bug report but your system bounces it for poor info or structure. It looks like it will take me hours to figure out how to properly format a bug report so I will not try further.

The fundamental problem is that a newbie lacks the understanding of the system or the patience that is needed to submit a bug report. Any bugs that stop newbies from using and learning the system go unreported and the system retains any flaws that exclude new users.

My system is going back into storage for now.

(I also had trouble with the GNOME bug system. I could not find a classification for my request/bug report and the "Unclassified" option just told me all reports are classified. I could of course not find a classification for that bug either. Just so you know that either you are not alone or it is just my imagination.)

Michael Wheatley