Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

* Benjamin Seidenberg <astronut@dlgeek.net> [2006-06-21 06:15]:

> AIUI (please, correct me if I am wrong) the D-I repository is hosted on
> svn.d.o, a machine belonging to the debian project. I don't see why the
> DPL would have authority over the mailing lists (hosted on a debian
> machine and maintained by the list admins) but not the svn repo (hosted
> on a debian machine, maintained by the svn admins (alioth team?) and
> access for that particular repo controlled by the project admins).
>
> Not to say that I disagree that the team should be able to choose their
> own members. I think the best result would be for the entire D-I team to
> vote on it, and base the decision on that, but I don't think that would
> be accepted by all parties in the argument.

Forcing people to work togeather in teams does not work in voluntary
projects. If you would try to force me to work with someone I don't want
to work with I think I would stop contributing in that field and I'm
sure I'm not the only one.

yours Martin
--
<maxx@debian.org> ---- Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal Operating System
Der Grossteil des Internet-Traffics geht doch von Windows-Rechnern an