Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 02:01:47PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> Frankly, as someone who is looking into setting up a support team for
> some debian packages, I am appalled at the notion that the DPL can
> dictate who can and can't be a member of my team.

Ugh; that's not what's happening here at all. The DPL can't force anything
at all, merely talk to the people involved; in this case, the d-i team
have been, in my opinion, extremely open to comments and I think if
I were to come to the conclusion that Sven should rejoin the team,
would seriously consider the reasoning I offered. On the other hand,
I may have that impression only be because I haven't suggested anything
particularly objectionable to them at this point.

The technical committee is (theoretically) empowered to overrule
developers' decisions like this against their wishes; but are generally
pretty reluctant to do so.

You can reasonably look at this as a mediation attempt to help two
parties who disagree come to a mutually agreeable settlement, or you
can look at it as a third party making a reasonable recommendation for
a compromise, but it's not remotely a matter of dictating a result,
even if that's how it might come across.

Cheers,
aj