Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On 20 Jun 2006, Ean Schuessler stated:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> We have, by and large, despite the cat-calls about cabals from the
>> peanut gallery, managed to make broad decisions rationally.  I
>> don't think we are all in a vast conspiracy to gang up on a fine
>> contributor without actually looking at the broad picture and the
>> net results of his presence or absence on a team.
>>
> I agree but we must focus on results. I'm afraid of Debian becoming
> some painfully polite court where people are forever trying to score
> points on one and other by faulting their manners.

        Frankly, my friend, if you think _I_ would be spouting the
 party line about becoming  painfully polite  and am scoring points by
 merely faulting someone's manners, I would like whatever it is that
 you are smoking.

> Keeping things friendly is critical and etiquette can be a very
> effective method of intimidating people. Technical results should be
> of at least equal import to social considerations. After all, we're
> a volunteer OS not a volunteer international vacation club.

        We are indeed a volunteer group.  We need to at least work
 well enough together so it remains fun enough for the volunteers to
 continue to volunteer.  When one individual cause enough fun to be
 sucked out from other people, we need ti step back and figure the
 sweet spot. Sticking to retaining people no matter how socially
 dysfunctional they are is not it.

        manoj

--
An apology for the devil: it must be remembered that we have heard
only one side of the case. God has written all the books.