Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 05:55:42PM -0700, Adam McKenna wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 05:09:10PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> > It doesn't matter!  The DPL has no authority in the matter!

> He seems to think he does.  At least, he has authority to stop abuse
> of the mailing lists if he thinks it's happening.

I meant specifically the matter of SVN access.  Obviously the DPL has
authority over the Debian mailing lists.

> Do you know for a fact that a majority of the team members
> are likely to quit, or have threatened to quit, if AJ (or a GR) restores
> Sven's commit access?

AJ (or a GR) cannot restore Sven's commit access.

I know nothing about the positions of the d-i team or Sven or AJ.  I'm
simply saying that if AJ or the project tried to tell *me* who could
have access to a repository under *my* control, I would tell them, in
very specific terms, where to shove it and how fast to spin.  :)

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single