Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 05:09:10PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> It doesn't matter!  The DPL has no authority in the matter!

He seems to think he does.  At least, he has authority to stop abuse of the
mailing lists if he thinks it's happening.

> > If it's final, there shouldn't be any more discussion unless it is
> > in the form of a GR.
>
> I don't believe the project has any authority in the matter either,
> which would make a GR pointless!
>
> At most, the Project (or DPL) could set up a separate repository (or
> hijack the existing one) and give Sven access to that, but could not
> force the other d-i maintainers to use that repository!  And if a fork
> is what's desired, Sven doesn't need any help setting one up, so
> having the DPL (or the whole project) do so is simply a waste of time.

I doubt it would come to that.  On the other hand, it seems like a fork is
what is really necessary here.

Since there's no transparency here, we can only speculate about what has
transpired between Sven, the rest of the d-i team, and the DPL and/or his
delegate.  Do you know for a fact that a majority of the team members
are likely to quit, or have threatened to quit, if AJ (or a GR) restores
Sven's commit access?

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>