Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:41:46 -0700 Adam McKenna wrote:

> If it's still up for discussion, then Sven is right to continue
> advocating for his position.

Repeating same argument over and over again is not really discussing by
my vocabulary.

The way I see it, Sven is bringing no new arguments, and no matter if
those old arguments have been properly heard or not, some former
playmates of Sven have lost their interest in playing with him (for the
time being at least), and noone can (fairly) force them to play with
Sven. If that exact playground (being the default installer for Debian)
currently occupied by those former playmates is the only one of
interest to Sven then tough luck. If not, then go play somewhere else...

...and hopefully somehwere else within Debian, because even if lots of
DDs is tired of the ranting, noone (as far as I've noticed) question
the value of the technical input from Sven.

Hey - I even think that the D-I folks value controversial suggestions
like handling out-of-tree modules very different than today. Only the
*repetition* of such suggestions when not adopted gets annoying.

Pushing Sven away from his favorite playground was not a grand plot
by the project generally. Only the "game masters" of that particular
playground did - and by some reasoning they chose for themselves. such
reasoning may very well be outright stupid - in which case I expect
others to seek new playgrounds. So if you're confident in your case,
Sven, then your best bet is to prepare the playground for those
abandoning the current D-I one.

Friendly,

 - Jonas