Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 09:07:00AM -0700, Adam McKenna wrote:

> If anyone can do d-i work, and everyone who does d-i work can have commit
> access,

That's obviously not the case--Sven can't.  :P

> then Sven should have commit access.

Frankly, as someone who is looking into setting up a support team for
some debian packages, I am appalled at the notion that the DPL can
dictate who can and can't be a member of my team.

Quite aside from whatever the facts may be in this particular case
(and I admit that I neither know nor care), the precedent that would
be set if the DPL were to (try to) force the d-i developers to give
Sven commit access horrifies me!

Such orders would be both unreasonable and unenforcable!  (Worst case,
the d-i maintainers could pick up and move their repository to a
separate host under their own control.)  What Sven is asking the DPL
to do is, IMO, quite outside the scope of the DPL's authority!

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single