Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 06:32, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> > - AFAIK nobody is arguing that Sven's patches aren't up to snuff
> >   technically
> > - AFAIK he hasn't ever abused his d-i commit rights (when he had them)
>
> These are critical questions. As an uninvolved third-party I have still
> not been able to determine why his access was stripped in the first
> place. If Sven makes critical (or even genuinely useful) contributions
> to the PPC port and there is no replacement for him then there must be a
> really great reason to suspend his access.

> Did he do something nasty to the codebase?
nope,

the message regarding him resiging is [1], frans explains his reasoning for
removing Sven in [2], and [3] is Sven's take on [2] (with a lot of context
regarding when he send [1]). [4] has Sven explaining how he meant [1]

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/03/msg01075.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/05/msg00300.html
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/05/msg00316.html
[4] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/04/msg00949.html