Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 09:27:29AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 11:32:03PM -0500, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> > Was his access suspended because he simply was not liked?
> AFAICS, from the installer team's point of view, he resigned from the
> team, and the access was suspended as a logical conclusion of that
> resignation.
> From his point of view, he was forced to resign by extortion.

To the best of my knowledge, Sven's point of view is that his resignation
was from the position of d-i powerpc lead, not d-i development entirely.
Due to other circumstances he didn't end up doing any d-i development in
any case for some time following that mail, which allowed the conflicting
viewpoints to become entrenched in the meantime.

Sven has since indicated he feels like he's being forced to resign from
the project by being put in the untenable position of being expected to
contribute to d-i without being given permission to do so, but that's a
different issue; and he hasn't resigned from the project at this point
in any case.

Cheers,
aj