Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

"cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)" <cobaco@skolelinux.no>

> two wrongs don't make a right, that'd be a sepperate issue [...]

There seems to be an increasing tendency to gather together
all misdeeds from anywhere in the project ever and use them to
justify other actions.  Sometimes it may be right, showing that
many different tactics have been tried in many different places
without success, but it's probably not healthy to quote 4 or
6-year-old mailing list flames which were unpunished back then
when trying to justify today's actions.  Times change.

It also seems pointless to post something which is more or less
"we tried this four times before without success and it didn't
work again now" or more commonly "Doctor, it hurts when I shove
a football boot up my nose".  Try doing something different
already.  The question is: what can be done that will work?
We seem to have two very stubborn sides, demanding and
refusing the same commit access that others would normally get.

> > > How, specifically?
> > http://www.wolffelaar.nl/~jeroen/sven-revokes-js-svn-from-kernel
>
> judging from that Sven was definately in the wrong, of course that log=20
> doesn't give any explanation at all of Sven's side of the story, so it=20
> doesn't give enough information to get a complete picture.

Even from the log, it seems that the access list was edited
without discussion or process up to that date.  IIRC, Sven has
repeatedly claimed that he would have changed it back on request,
but someone else did it before he was back at a keyboard, so
we'll never know for sure.  Finally, that log seems to be only a
day or two after the call to expel Sven was published on -devel
and some of the same people are in both.  Not complete at all.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/