Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
- AFAIK nobody is arguing that Sven's patches aren't up to snuff
  technically
- AFAIK he hasn't ever abused his d-i commit rights (when he had them)
These are critical questions. As an uninvolved third-party I have still not been able to determine why his access was stripped in the first place. If Sven makes critical (or even genuinely useful) contributions to the PPC port and there is no replacement for him then there must be a really great reason to suspend his access. Did he do something nasty to the codebase?

Was his access suspended because he simply was not liked? If Sven is a socially dysfunctional person and holds this work dear because of extensive personal labor then I can understand this emotional explosion. It is very upsetting if you make genuine contributions to a project and find yourself excluded because of some clique of more skillful social players. That might explain the grade school references that keep coming up.

Social politics creeping into Debian is one of the greater mortal dangers that we face. If Sven makes genuinely important technical contributions to the PPC installer and is being excluded for purely social reasons then we should take that very seriously. It might be more expedient for SPI to pay for some psychological therapy for Sven. :-D