Re: (Debian's Two Choices) The influx of women blah bla blah

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 11:10:59AM -0700, Debian women terminate wrote:
> Oh but yes it must support your cause to purge debian
> of all mysoginistic and non-feminist men inorder to
> make room for that 50% female involvement you demand.

nobody's demanding 50% female involvement, you cretin!

what the overwhelming majority of debian developers and users expect is
that ALL contributors are welcomed on an equal basis - gender, sexual
orientation, skin colour, religion, political or philosophical views
(except those regarding free software) are all completely irrelevant to
a person's contribution to debian. what matters is their skill and the
time and energy they are willing to donate to debian.

i have one personal exception to that - i'd be a lot happier if there
was an explicit policy to kick out bigots of all kinds. we dont want or
need scum like that.

i've had lots of disagreements over the years with people in debian,
some of them vehement and heated - but the only person i've ever wanted
booted out of debian was that bigoted neo-nazi misogynist moron Walther.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)