Re: Mac project?

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 04:02:50PM -0700, Jason Self wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 01:09:39 +0200 Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> wrote:
>
> >If the Linux kernel will work on them, the porting should be fairly
> >straightforward. Ultimately it depends on how many Debian developers
> >have or get access to the hardware to be able to test, debug, and fix
> >problems.
>
> The new Intel-based Macs use EFI. Is there support in Debian for
> EFI-based systems?

Debian has supported IA-64 platforms which use EFI since the woody
release.  It includes the parted package which is capable of
managing GPT partitions, efibootmgr and the ELILO bootloader.  Each of
these packages has i386 binaries available (maybe they should have
amd64 binaries now too?)

Though all the pieces may be there, I don't know if the installer
knows how to deal with these systems.  That might be a question for
debian-boot.

--
dann frazier