Re: Issues regarding powerpc and Sven

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>
> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 01:25:40PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
> > > Because we don't want to dishonour your mother, or diminish your loss by
> > > reconciling it with Debian's priorities. You've been dealing with more
> > > than what anyone could reaosonably expect you to recently -- and normal
> > > people would respond to that by just not doing Debian stuff. [...]
> >
> > I think that was a disgraceful insult.  Please retract it.
>
> Actually, I think the next paragraph (which you happily cut away) made
> pretty clear that Anthony was in awe of the amount of work that Sven was
> still able to produce under these circumstances. Which is quite the
> opposite of an insulte.

FWIW, it was "continuing amazement that you[Sven] have any time
to spend on Debian" in the next paragraph, which reads two ways:
Sven Luther is superhuman, or he is neglecting his children.
Amazement is extreme surprise, after all, and not necessarily
approval.  At best, I think it's an insult with a weak compliment:
a back-handed compliment. Still insulting to most, like calling
someone a beautiful freak.

Further, as explained in the part of my message "which you
happily cut away", the disgrace is the DPL making judgments on
a range of personal issues for debian developers, from what is
a normal way to handle grief, through how someone's mother
should be honoured, to isolating a developer in this way.

The DPL should allow DDs their private lives and address this
bug in a SMART manner.
--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/