Re: irc.debian.org

On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 07:27 +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> "de facto standard" (which is a contradiction anyway)

I disagree because I'm using de facto as a modifier to standard, but
that's off topic here.

> Try asking: how hard is it for project funds to be used to pay
> someone's entire personal mobile phone bill, what would need to
> be disclosed to project supporters and has it ever happened?

I expected this response. I really don't care what is paid with those
funds: it's the responsibility of the people donating to some cause to
make a decision whether they think a phone bill is a good destination
for their money. People having trouble with Freenodes spending habits,
should not donate aswell. I'm not doing it, and it has never hindered me
in using the network.

Since Debian doesn't donate any money to Freenode, I think that the
question of donation spending is not relevant to what network Debian
should choose as its default.

Thijs