Re: irc.debian.org

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 01:24:15AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> >> Exactly, why is an optional feature such a big flaw?
> >Because it's the default and practically no one changes it. This is a
> Maybe because actually it's not such a big deal? :-)

More likely, because it's hardly documented that this is the default and
because not many people know how to switch it off.

I know *I* had to bitch about it before being told where the
documentation was. And I forgot all about it in the mean time.

> >big problem, because on a network that offers so many support channels,
> >you have a lot of users who are on only to get a question answered (Foo
> >isn't working, what am I doing wrong?). These users have no desire, nor
> >real reason to register a nick. Also, there are lots of times I have
> They do not need to. If you want to receive their privated messages then
> *you* can disable NOIDPRIVMSG and they will not even know about it.

Only if they're lucky enough to try to ask someone who has NOIDPRIVMSG
disabled.

--
Fun will now commence