Summer of Code 2006, should Debian take part?

Google is planning to organize a Summer of Code program this summer as
well[1].  They are now accepting application from mentoring
organisations, and I believe (as well as others who voiced this idea
elsewhere) Debian should take part too.  I've started a wiki page[2]
to coordinate this.  Please fill it with information, as we discuss
here if Debian should participate, and what form our participation
should have.

 1 http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2006/04/summer-of-code-2006.html
 2 http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2006

Friendly,