Re: Linux Forums

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 12:32:22PM +0100, Anders Breindahl wrote:
> On 2006-01-26  1710, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > I'm doing this for me.  Benefits which may flow to others are coincidental.
>
> I wouldn't expect you to be the person who's answering trivial newbie
> questions anyway, then.

Oh, I answer plenty of questions, but I tend to be more interested in
answering the questions of people who are (a) capable of demonstrating a
modicum of effort up to this point, and (b) interested in maintaining a
presence in the community in the longer term.  I consider this to be in my
self-interest because those people will help to take up some of the slack in
answering questions from the next generation of
newbies-on-their-way-to-greatness.

- Matt