Re: Linux Forums

John Hasler wrote:
Will L writes:
> For exmaple, suppose a user just wants to ask a question, is it
> reasonable to require him to subscribe, receive unrelated emails, then
> unsubscribe?

Subscription is not required.
Yes, you are right. I did not realize that almost all Debian lists are un-moderated and anyone can post. Don't the subscribers get spammed? But apparently not. Nevertheless, this seems an exception. Most lists require subscription, and it scares people more or less.

Sent from the Debian Project forum at Nabble.com.