Re: Help

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 04:06:07PM -0500, Matt Jakse wrote:
> I am trying to install a nvidia driver.   The driver is for a nvidia
> geforce 5200.  Every time i go to install it i get this message: You
> appear to be running an X server; please exit X before installing.
> How do you exit X? and is there anything else that i have to do to
> install the driver.

First of all that's not question for debian-project mailing list.

Short instruction:

Press CTRL+ALT+F1 and then log in as root. Then type:

/etc/init.d/gdm stop

GDM could be replaced with kdm, wdm or xdm. It depends on previous choices.
That'll be time when your X will be switched off. You can continue your
installation.

Please ask further questions on debian-user-<language> mailing list.

regards
fenIo

--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland