Re: For those who care about debian-devel-announce

David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net>
> Attributing this incident to a single clash with the majority of the
> project is absurd.

I disagree. I think Roger Leigh was honest about what
incident most motivated the heavy-booting of his complaint.
I think some other DDs are also flaming because of who did it
as much as what happened.

> Andrew has pissed off a lot of his fellow developers at
> many points for many years on issues both technical and social.

Yes. And I've been one of them, but I've never seen Andrew give
the level of abuse he's received in the last year. He may be
"Nasty. British. Short."[1] but two wrongs don't make right.

> So please stop trying to paint this as a witch hunt.

I don't need to paint. It already looks that colour to me.

> We've got enough real issues[0] to worry about.
> [0] http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/

"Amen"?

[1] For those who don't get it: that used to be ntk.net's
strapline (maybe a nod to Hobbes?)  Andrew Suffield's
writing style is about as offensive, most of the time.

--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask