Re: For those who care about debian-devel-announce

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:17:07PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> It's hard to expand, but the basic details of the event are
> already public in
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/01/msg00968.html -
> at least one reasonably common view about death was vilified
> on -private last year. If a DD is ever expelled (wholly or in
> part) for having different beliefs about death, that would be
> a shame. Expel them over bad project work, not because
> we disagree about death notices! debian has no single religion.

Attributing this incident to a single clash with the majority of the
project is absurd. Andrew has pissed off a lot of his fellow developers at
many points for many years on issues both technical and social. So please
stop trying to paint this as a witch hunt. We've got enough real issues[0]
to worry about.

 - David Nusinow

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/