Re: For those who care about debian-devel-announce

Erinn Clark <erinn@double-helix.org> [...]
> I suspect the listmasters are the only ones who actually know why
> it was done the way it was. [...]

Aye, unless they explain, that's probably right.

> > Religious intolerance reflects more badly on debian than the minority.
> > Help stop it, please.
>
> I'm afraid I haven't got a clue what you're talking about here.

It's hard to expand, but the basic details of the event are
already public in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/01/msg00968.html -
at least one reasonably common view about death was vilified
on -private last year. If a DD is ever expelled (wholly or in
part) for having different beliefs about death, that would be
a shame. Expel them over bad project work, not because
we disagree about death notices! debian has no single religion.

--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask