Re: For those who care about debian-devel-announce

* Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <he@debian.org> [2006:01:18 20:23 +0100]:
> Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:
> > Joerg Jaspert writes:
> >> You should lose -private rights, as you clearly cant follow its rule to
> >> not leak.
> > I don't understand.  Martin's email did not mention -private.  Do you
> > mean to say that this decision was made as the result of discussion on
> > -private?
>
> No, but the decision was only published in a posting to -private. The
> whole point of Joey's mail was to make the act of revoking posting
> permissions public (which I support, though I'm not too happy about the
> way it was done)

It's not possible for those of us not on -private to figure out what's
going on, really, but is it possible that it wasn't made public in an
effort to protect Andrew's privacy? Were I a listmaster, that would've
been one of my considerations, regardless of what he'd done to justify
the ban. I think it's potentially important that the rest of us know
some disciplinary action has been taken, but I can't say that it's
relevant to, say, his future employers.

(M-F-T: set to -project, *please* reply there.)

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide