Re: mailbox clogging, need daily "digests" of the list

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 15:42, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Hi Ben!
>
> You wrote:
> > > I've been subscribed to 12 debian mailing-lists. As you could imagine,
> > > my mailbox is simply over-flowing now, with the number of mails & the
> > > frequency. To avoid the struggle, I would like to subscribe to a "daily
> > > digest" of mails on the lists.
> >
> > Have you considered reading the lists through a news server, such
> > as the one at gmane.org, which conveniently never expires
> > articles?
>
> Or automatic sorting of messages in sub-boxes?

This violates gmail's philosophy of "search, don't sort."  Gmail isn't really
suited for mailing list reading in general, between the really underpowered
sorting and lack of Reply to List.

--
Paul Johnson
Got Jabber?  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber