Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

Thomas Viehmann <tv@beamnet.de>
> I think the silence is due to the fact that people give it low priority.
> You have all my sympathy for the uncomfortable position that puts you
> (well, your position) in.

It's probably a reflection of how many emails to debian lists
are deleted unread for discussing Ubuntu. Maybe it's because
much Ubuntu stuff gets posted to inappropriate mailing lists
(for example, using -devel for non-technical questions like
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/05/msg00260.html or
posting ubuntu PR to -devel-announce).

> This isn't too original, but how about just having a Debian wiki page
> where people who don't want their name as Maintainer can sign up and for
> them rename the field to "Debian-Maintainer" or something.

That seems backwards. If they're not maintaining the ubuntu package,
please don't fib and say that they are. Opt-in, not opt-out.

--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask